11.17.2011

THREE SHOWS THAT HAPPENED (SHOWs 30, 31, 32)




NOV 10
THE BLACK DOTZ •DIAMOND AGE • DJ GABRIEL MENDOZA @ BRYAN ST. TAVERN
What was originally supposed to happen (and was advertised and booked for weeks)  at LaGrange,  was cancelled the day of the show for some mysterious construction that had to happen, "beyond anyone's control".   I got word it had been moved around 530PM to The Bryan Street Tavern...  All things considered, this show turned out to be a lot of fun...  Big thanks to Wayne for running sound on his day off, Ross for moving the show to Bryan St. and of course all of the people who came out. Bryan St. Tavern is one of my favorite places to play.  I don't know what LaGrange is like yet...still waiting for a reschedule!






NOV 11
MISSILE • DIAMOND AGE • BLACKSTONE RANGERS @ EL SIBIL
The people who throw these parties go above and beyond, and unfortunately for my opinion of Dallas, this party made me feel like I wasn't in Dallas.  I know it's too easy to hate on Dallas, so I'll just think of it as what Dallas could potentially become... A very relaxed vibe, good people,  a really cool space.  No haters. They had the Three Men and a Taco truck, the vintage clothes bus, and a cop on duty which is smart if you're going to throw a "donation" party


Bobby Peru


NOV 12
DIAMOND AGE • PVC STREET GANG • AARON BARKER • MR. BONETANGLES
@ QUEEN CITY TATTOO GALLERY
A very new spot in East Dallas.  I think this may have been the first show there? A very DIY space...  PVC Street Gang are one of my favorite bands in DFW.  This show was very "loose" I played almost an entire set of "new" shit I haven't fully figured out how to play live.  I think if I didnt know the 6 people watching, they may have left!  But it was alot of fun! Thanks to Aaron Barker for contacting me about this show and for the red hot candy ice cream he made out back.  Mr. BoneTangles stole the show! his puppet skeleton karaoke act had everyone in the room grinning. 


factoid: I kept thinking the tattoo noise coming from the other room was a problem with my amp...






No comments:

Post a Comment